Sunday, August 12, 2007

"If You Lived Here, You'd be Home By Now"


I busted out laughing at what she said to me as I walked by... They are the exact words on huge advertisement banners on top of high rise luxury apartment for lease that I see when I drive by downtown on the 110-freeway. The day before I met Rochelle, she was visited by a church that had given her a bunny candy basket for Easter. On this day, she was hanging outside her government subsidized apartment feeding wild pigeons she affectionately called her "friends". We talked for a while and before I left, I asked her if I could get something for her. She told me that she would like me to get her a huge chocolate bar and a 3 liter soda. I thought she was crazy. I've never heard of a 3 liter soda. She insisted that I go to Rite Aid down the street and get it. I must admit that I had to eat a humble pie. Yep. Wouldn't you believe it...

Digg this

No comments: