Thursday, August 30, 2007

Guts

"I wanted you to see what real courage is. Instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand, it's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway, and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do."

-Atticus, To Kill a Mockingbird

Sometimes we think there is nothing left in us.
But we always do.
If we really dig down deep,
We would discover a reserve
waiting to be tapped.
We have more strength, more resilience, more clarity, more joy, and more capacity for love and forgiveness than we may readily acknowledge.
When we do, we will discover that what we possess beneath is far greater in magnitude than any circumstance that may confront us.

Digg this

2 comments:

Lisa McGlaun said...

So true...it's been in the most difficult times of my life that I discovered a strength I didn't know existed. It always wells up when I need it, even if most days I refuse to believe it's there.

Thanks for this.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful photo and affirming post. You never know of what you are capable until you are tested.