Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bit More Than Can Chew

"I cried because I had no shoes,
until I met a man with no feet."
-Unknown

The air was chilly and damp. It had been raining all morning. I went to the Grand Central Market to buy some fresh fruits and vegetables. While walking there, I saw a homeless man huddled near a noisy heat vent of an office building to keep warm. I felt sorry for him. On my way back from shopping, I stopped to offer the man a bag of apples I had bought. I expected him to be happy. Instead, he pointed to his mouth to reveal his rotten and missing teeth. "I can't chew," he said in resignation. Wow. How sad is that? The guy couldn't eat even if he had food. After seeing that, I felt ashamed of all those times I complained about my food not tasting just right.

Digg this

No comments: