Sunday, January 13, 2008


Today, my friend Josh and I went to Hollywood to do some people watching. He usually works on weekends between two jobs, so it's a real treat for me to be able to spend time shooting photography together. We made our first stop at Famima, which Josh described as a Japanese 7-11 convenient store. What initially caught my eyes was the unusual poster display outside the store of Chinese style steam buns. I expected to see something like that in Chinatown, yes, but in Hollywood?

Being a generous guy that he is, Josh treated me to a sparkling cider and a curry meat bun. For himself, he got a chocolate milk and a fried chicken bun. While we were enjoying our snacks, I noticed two girl friends having a conversation at the sidewalk table. I really liked the soft lighting on one of the them, so I took this picture of her through the glass window from where we sat. She looked so contemplative, lost in thought.

Digg this

No comments: